The Time I Was On The Cover Of Rue Magazine.

Thursday, February 19, 2015


I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to fully sum up yesterday and the truth is that I think I need some more time to process the events of the day.  My morning started long before the sun rose, lying in bed thinking about how that afternoon I would be attending the funeral of the daughter of my dearest friend, whose life was cut so unexpectedly short by something we all fear the second you bring a child in to the world; a car crossing the the double yellow line and taking away the only thing that matters to you.  She was 31 and she was so smart, so beautiful, and an incredible person all around.  The unfairness of it all has shaken me to my core, and ever since I heard the news it's pretty much all I can think about.  "Kiss your babies," that is what her mourning father told me after the service.  

Yesterday, was also going to be an incredible day for me personally.  I knew I had a feature coming out in Rue Magazine, but I had no idea what would actually be included.  I even told myself that morning that even if it was one or two pages, that I should still be so proud because it's freaking Rue! After checking the site about 100 times I left to take my mother-in-law to the airport and on my way back I learned that my feature was up.  I quickly pulled over between terminals and pulled up the newest issue and was floored, shocked, blow away (insert every word in the dictionary) to see my face starring back at me from the COVER.  The cover?!?!  I immediately called Sarah Winchester whose incredible photographs made this all happen, and somehow made it home to immediately pull up the full issue which features our entire home.  I'd say this is all a dream come true, but even I have to admit I've never dreamed this big!  I'm still trying to process it all and I'm sure I'll have more to say about this all later, but for now I just wanted to let all of you know how grateful I am for your support  not only yesterday, but for the last 7 years that I have been writing this blog.  I'll be back tomorrow with my usual weekend roundup, and next week I'll do a full home tour, room by room with before and afters and sources.  Below are some of the pictures that made the feature, and you can read all about our home it over at Rue in their February issue.  (I still can't believe I get to say those words!) xo


















Again, a big thank you to Sarah Winchester and everyone over at Rue Magazine!

1 comment :

Agus said...

Congratulations!! Your home is Gorgeous - your kitchen! Your blue sofa! I also love the wall color in your master with the pictures in the gold frames. And the boy's room is just too cool! It'll be fun to see before and afters next week :)